Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hello Everyone!

Hello!

A warm welcome to you all! (and this is the warmest it gets... :p)

Why, you ask? Well...its mostly because this is a blog I envision as my way of letting out my frustrations regarding a lot of things but mostly and usually cinema (and in that most often hindi mainstream)...and as the word 'frustration' suggests not so warm things...you can make the connections...

This is not exactly a review place but sort of like my analysis of the movies (well the movies i feel like analyzing...) so if you may be looking for reviews of the latest films, this may not be the place for you...but if you want to know what others think of your favorite or not so favorite movies, this place may help you out (or at least i hope it does)

I for some time now, have been experiencing increasing discomfort linked to the mainstream hindi cinema and I sincerely believe that most of the people who work in this type of cinema ( I refuse to give them titles like 'actor', 'director', 'musicians' etc because I believe they have a long long long long way to go to even be called these...and that too in the driest sense of the word...) are basically...well...not good...at all.

But to be fair, I am more than willing to have a democratic discussion about whatever I write and whatever you may write...

So I hope that you like this place and well...you like it!

This is all I can think of right now...so let the journey begin!

-Rae

PS - I realize my screen name "Rae' may be thought of my corny and highly dumb attempt to link myself to Satyajit Ray...its NOT...'Rae' is merely the result of a facebook quiz...and theres no more to it...

PS 1 - This place might (and most likely than not will) be filled with sarcasm and irony (cos I love them) so be alert... :)

PS2 - Just to remind you, i have said again and again hindi films will be the most common topic here but there will be other things too including english movies and if I am lucky other languages and things outside the cinema world too...(probably)

PS3 - I am open to suggestions but just one request - please keep this place civil. :)

PS4 - Have FUN!

2 comments: